So the other day I was at work bored (don’t tell anyone) and I was scrolling through WordPress reading some blogs that I follow and saw that I was mentioned in one of my friends blogs and she nominated me for this award as a way to inform other readers of blogs that they’ve enjoyed reading.
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting mbmdotlife at church last year through one of my good friends from my old church. We even ended up in the same small group, which was amazing by the way. Anyways, you guys should check out her blog. It’s full of faith, fashion, and lots of other good stuff (Like a recipe for crockpot apple cider that looks delish!) I can assure you that you’ll love it.
Well here we go, here are 10 random facts about me:
- I am left-handed
- My favorite season is Spring. I have terrible seasonal allergies sometimes but I love the cool air and flowers in bloom.
- I am bi-racial. My mother is black and my father is Mexican.
- I guess you can say i’m pretty tall. I’ve been 5’7 and a half since the 7th grade and that was interesting.
- I love changing my hairstyle. I feel like it’s my way of expressing myself.
- I’m pretty quiet around people. Actually I am very quiet around people. I didn’t start really being social and having friends until college lol
- I LOVE sweets. Cookies, cakes, ice cream and chocolate. Especially DARK CHOCOLATE. Omg.
- I am a catlady. Her name is Luna and she’s my pride and joy.
- I have four tattoos: FAITH, LOVE, Si se Puede, and a feather. Gonna get my half sleeve one day…
- I work as a pharmacy tech in a free clinic for individuals who are below poverty and can’t afford insurance.
And here are my other questions from mbmdotlife
1. What inspired you to create your blog?
I created this blog after a pretty tough breakup as a way to express my feelings and emotions at the time. I also wanted to reach out to other women who went through similar situations.
2. What are 3 of your goals for this year?
My three goals for this year would be to: Start back taking some classes this year. Dig deeper into the Word and read more books. Also, to take a vacation sometime this summer because I could use one.
3. What do you feel your purpose is?
I feel like my purpose is to serve women. I have always had a heart for women. I remember I was dating this guy in college and he asked me what I wanted to do in the future and I told him that I wanted to start a non profit to help young women find jobs and do better in school and he told me that it was unfair that I wanted to cater to only women and not young men as well. What an ass, right?
4. What’s your favorite restaurant?
As much as I should say Mi Hacienda because I go there at least once a month. I think that Panchito’s comes in a close second. They’re both mexican restaurants of course.
5. What is your favorite place that you’ve traveled to?
Texas. I loved it. It was everything I have ever imagined.
6. Whats your favorite store?
The beauty supply store. Guuurl, I can blow some stacks up in there!! They have everything my little heart desires. Hair, makeup, more hair!
7. Which season do you like best?
Spring! I really like being outside and I love the fresh flowers like I said earlier. Flowers make me happy.
8. Whats your dream job?
My dream job would be to work for a museum as an art collector, although I think I’d be happy as a party planner as well.
9. What do you feel like your biggest obstacle has been in life, How did you get over it?
I think that one of my biggest obstacles has been not finishing college but as I was studying to get my pharm tech license, I worked some jobs I didn’t like, sometimes taking two jobs at a time to pay for my bills and gained the experience I needed to get to where I am and I did it. I have a job that I love with benefits and I couldn’t be more thankful.
10. What are you interested in that most people aren’t?
I like bad movies. Well maybe not “bad” but I like those low budget films that come on tv or netflix that hardly anyone has seen. Especially the black television films. They’re not that bad and have so much potential, well they did.
So I hope you guys enjoyed my post of yet even more things about me. Now it’s my turn to nominate two other bloggers to post their own versions of what I did. So I am nominating…
I have enjoyed these ladies blogs since I started following them and I am not just saying that because I know them personally! But because I have read and been able to relate and I know that you guys will too!
My questions for you are:
- What sparked your faith?
- Who inspires you?
- What do you like to do that cheers you up when you’re feeling down?
- Where is someplace you’ve always wanted to go?
- What is your favorite item of clothing?
- What do you hope readers get to take from your blogs?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What is your favorite animal?
- When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What music do you like to listen to?
And if you want further explanation for this game here you go!
The Liebster Award is:
An award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers, whose work they find interesting, to motivate them and promote them as well. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2017:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it)!
Don’t forget to create 10 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so others (and me) can check out your answers!